Booking & Vacation Rental Policies
For short-term rentals, twenty percent (20%) of the total reservation fee is necessary in order to confirm your reservation. The remaining eighty percent (80%) of the total reservation fee is due 30 days prior to your check in date, or 60 days prior to your check-in date during the Christmas and New Years seasons (Dec. 20 - Jan. 3). For long-term rentals (6-12 months), the first months rent is necessary in order to confirm your reservation. Monthly rent payments will be made on the 1st of every month thereafter.
Paypal, Visa and Mastercard are accepted. OCCAN Properties is not responsible for covering any bank or transaction fees incured.
Check-ins and Check-outs.
Checck-ins are accepted from 3:00pm tp 7:00pm. Any check-ins outside these hours are subject to an extra-ordinary check-in fee of $50 USD. Check-outs are from 7:00am to 10:00am. Any check-outs outside these hours are subject to an extra-ordinary check-out fee of $50 USD
Please be aware that once your vacation reservation has been confirmed, the twenty percent (20%) deposit is non-refundable. Upon receipt of the remaining eighty percent (80%) of the vacation reservation total, 30 days prior to your arrival, cancellations will not be accepted unless the property can be filled for a similar period of time.
Cancellations during the Christmas and New Years seasons (December 20th – January 3rd) must be made a minimum of 60 days prior to your arrival. Upon receipt of the remaining eighty percent (80%) of the vacation reservation total, 60 days prior to your arrival, cancellations will not be accepted unless the property can be filled for a similar period of time.
There will be no exceptions made to the cancellation policy in the event of flight complications, personal emergencies or any other situation which is non-controllable, including, but not limited to, nearby construction or other disturbances.
In the case of natural disasters affecting your particular vacation rental, up to 50% of the total amount paid may be refunded. This clause is subject to the discretion of OCCAN Properties management.
The damage deposit is $500 USD (or the peso equivalent) for short-term stays (less than six months), and is equal to one months rent for long-term stays (six months or longer).
Right to Enter.
Property representatives have the right to enter the vacation property at any given time, with prior notice to the guests, in order to inspect the property and perform any duties as per the property management contract with the property owner.
The number of guests stipulated on the reservation confirmation is the maximum number of guests allowed to stay at the vacation property. If more guests arrive than stated on the reservation confirmation, they may be denied occupancy, or an extra person charge of $50 USD (FIFTY AMERICAN DOLLARS) per guest, per night will apply.
Guests occupying the vacation property will be responsible for any damages caused by them or their guests to the property or its assets during their stay in that property. Cost for damage will be limited to repairs or replacement value of the items damaged. Guests shall not remove any items from the property, such as kitchen appliances, glassware, furniture, or any other item, or the replacement cost will be charged to their credit card.
NO SMOKING: Smoking is NOT allowed in any of our units. Smoking is not allowed outside by any open window/door. Smoking is permitted on balconies as long as the doors and windows are closed. If smoking occurs inside the unit, the tenant will lose 100% of their damage deposit.
PETS (Allowed in Pet Friendly Units Only): There is a maximum of one pet allowed in each pet friendly unit. Guest pets must be treated for fleas and ticks prior to arrival. Guests must pick up after pets and tightly tie the remnants in a plastic bag. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and all pet hair must be cleaned up prior to departure. A $200 fee will be charged if there is any report of pet hair on bedding and sofas. Guest pets must be leashed at all times when outside of the unit. The violation of any terms of this pet policy subjects the guest to a fine of $200 USD or termination of the rental period.
We do not refund rents or deposits lost due to cancelled or shortened stays because of weather. Departures due to inclement weather do no warrant refund of rent or deposit. We suggest Vacation Travel Insurance during the hurricane seasons.
Guest agrees to abide by rules of the community. These may be posted in the unit or at the community pool or office. These rules may change from time to time.
Rates, terms and applicable taxes are subject to change without notice.
Guest Assurances. Agreements.
GUEST assures us that the tenants will observe all conditions and terms of this agreement as to maintaining the rental in good order and appearance and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to neighbors.
GUEST assures that any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Agreement shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s).
GUEST agrees that any tenant who is found using drugs or allows others to use drugs on the premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises.
GUEST and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordnance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises.
GUEST agrees that during the term of this agreement and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the rental clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or may put in during the term of the agreement.
GUEST agrees to indemnify and save our company harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the premises by the GUEST, tenants, or guests or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of any persons entering, occupying or visiting the premises.
We accept no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage or alteration to the terms of your reservation caused by events beyond our control, including but not restricted to war, terrorist activity, civil commotion, flight delays, or cancellations, airport closures, loss of luggage, adverse weather conditions, fire flood, or industrial dispute. We cannot accept any liability for failure of public supplies such as water, electricity, Internet or breakdown of the air conditioning system. Nor for the consequences of the action or omissions of persons who may control or supply main services, or any actions taken in the vicinity of the property reserved, by any authority over which there is no control.
We cannot accept any liability for your personal safety during your vacation. It is particularly important that children are supervised at all times in and outside the vacation property. We assume no responsibility for accidents. You are reminded to exercise care as to your personal safety, and the safety of your companions. Whenever possible, valuables should be left secure and out of sight.
Credit Card Authorization.
I understand and consent to the use of the credit card provided without original signature on the charge slip, that an email of this agreement will serve as an original, and that this Credit Card Authorization cannot be revoked and will not terminate until 90 days after the rental is vacated. Additional charges may include: unauthorized long distance telephone and satellite TV charges; excessive cleaning fees; damages beyond normal wear and tear and unreturned keys.